Developing Your Project Management Skills: Essentials of Project Management for the Non-Project Manager
Date: September 28 - 29, 2011
Time: 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Venue: ASTORIA PLAZA, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Build a solid foundation of project management knowledge, techniques, and tools in this hands-on seminar-workshop that covers the entire project life cycle.
Project Management isn’t just for construction engineers and military logistics experts anymore. Today, in addition to the regular duties of your job, you are often expected to take on extra assignments and to get that additional job done well, done under budget, and done on time.
As the business world grows, more competitive organizations find it necessary to take on an increasing number of projects. Unfortunately, these same organizations often don’t have skilled project managers to handle the extra work. In this learning session, you will learn and practice the critical tools and techniques that have been proven necessary for project management success. In lectures, discussions and exercises, you’ll cover the essential aspects of managing projects.
How You Will Benefit:
This information-packed seminar-workshop is NOT theory or lecture-based. Instead, you’ll learn proven techniques and applications that experienced project managers swear by. You’ll hear case studies, practice using charts, matrices and other tools, and gain insight on effectively managing a project team. You’ll also learn strategies other professionals are using to deliver projects within budget and time constraints.
Like it or not, your organization’s future rides on the success of projects. The consequences for failure are too enormous – for you as well as your company – to leave the fate of your projects to chance. Commit just 2 days of your time, and you can learn comprehensive project management skills that will deliver phenomenal benefits to your organization, not to mention your career!
- Master tools, techniques and methodologies developed specifically for projects.
- Learn expert methods for getting stalled projects back on track.
- Find out how to develop real-world solutions to your toughest project management challenges.
- Complete projects within budget by learning how to more accurately estimate expenditures at project conception.
- Learn strategies for accomplishing more in less time with fewer resources – without sacrificing the quality of the project.
- Justify project costs during organizational cutbacks and lean times.
- Bring in projects on time, even with changing deadlines.
- Methods for keeping their team focused and motivated.
- Significantly boost the success rate of your projects from now on.
- Recognize root causes of project failure so you can avoid them from Day 1.
- Maintain continual management support for your projects.
- Know which projects to take on by analyzing the real risks involved.
- Gain credibility for your department with reporting techniques.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical management more easily.
Who Should Participate:
Managers who need to understand and apply project management systems, n o n-Project Management professionals who are responsible for project activities; managers and professionals who are tasked with launching programs and projects. Anyone who handles and manages programs and projects. There is no pre-requisites for this course.
Module 1: Planning and Initiating Effective Project Start-Up
- Defining the project, establishing scope and objectives
- How to move from project concept to actual project plan
- Exploring the latest methodologies – and choosing one to use consistently throughout your project
- Techniques and tools for preparing an accurate project budget
- What makes projects unique: How to structure realistic project timelines and deadlines
- Using your resources most effectively: Prioritizing multiple projects
- What are your project’s training needs? How to conduct a front-end analysis
Module 2: Using Risk Assessment Strategies for Improved Decision-Making
- Key reasons projects fail – minimize your risk
- How to recognize high-yield projects … and to spot those that are poorly conceived
- Using a cost/benefit analysis to quantify risk
- Minimize project risk by bundling tasks from multiple projects
- Strategies for linking your project to your organization’s overall business strategy
- The unspoken risk: How to measure management support within your organization
Module 3: Establishing Strong, Positive Leadership for Your Project Team
- A look at common team structures and which types of projects work best with each
- Techniques for gaining buy-in and commitment from team members for the project goals and objectives
- Analyzing strengths and weaknesses of each team member (including yourself) and planning their responsibilities accordingly
- Communicating clear performance standards for team members, as well as clear consequences if standards are not met
- How to foster collaboration among team members
- Proven methods for minimizing conflict on your project team
Module 4: Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Project Management 5 Phases
- Project Management 9 Body of Knowledge
Approach and Duration:
As the trainer comes with more than thirty years of real-life corporate experience, the methodology will involve the following:
- Story telling of real-life situations
- Group discussions
- Challenging the thinking of participants
- Providing input to participants’ real-life situations
- Case Studies- Several short case studies will be pre-circulated for participants to read and undertake some directed initial analysis. These will be used to illustrate data analysis techniques and as a basis for group discussions.
This seminar-workshop is fast-paced, highly interactive, participatory, and productive. It includes discussions, games, demonstration and practice, lecturettes, storytelling, role plays, and problem solving. Participants will be working individually, in small and large groups
Reserve your seats NOW and SAVE P3,000
(pay on or beforeAugust 28, 2011)!
Learning Investment for the 2-Day Seminar Workshop:
Super Saver Rate : P 8,948 + VAT (Pay on or before August 28, 2011)
Early Bird Rate : P 10,448 + VAT (Pay on or before September 13, 2011)
Regular Rate : P 11,948 + VAT (Starting September 14, 2011)
LEARNING INVESTMENT INCLUDES: A "Fun-filled" Learning Experience, complete with Learning Manuals/Hand-outs, Certificates, Freebies and FREE Parking!! plus Breakfast, Sumptuous Buffet Lunch & Snacks!
We are accepting payments via all major credit cards."
"We are accepting payments via all major credit cards."
We just made attending our Learning Events more convenient for you and your company.
Paying is now faster and easier.. just one swipe away!
For the benefit of:
A BETTER CHANCE FOUNDATION
GET TO KNOW MORE!
Learning with ARIVA! today means…building a better future for others tomorrow!
For every seminar event ARIVA! holds, one (1) underprivileged student is being sent to night high school for one full school year—ON YOUR BEHALF!
Learn with ARIVA! and be honored of helping less fortunate young Filipinos improve their lives!
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND FOR EARLY REGISTRATION CALL US AT
ARIVA! Seminar & Convention Organizers
895-8058 / 895-9527 / 890-9651
Call/Text: 0917-3257870 Duo #: 022114363
R E G I S T E R O N L I N E :